Using a Ledger hardware device to secure your UBQ and tokens.
Ledger is one of the most widely available hardware solutions for securing crypto assets, and you can use it to keep your UBQ and tokens safe.
If you are setting up a Ledger device for the first time, you should follow the manufacturers instructions to complete the on-boarding process.
Unlike Trezor, some Ledger devices such as the Nano X can utilize a wireless connection and interact with your mobile device through the official Ledger mobile app.
A few things to keep in mind.
- Ledger devices are delivered in tamper-evident packaging. If you suspect the package has been compromised, do not use the device.
Once you have complete the initial setup as instructed by the manufacturer, you can use your Ledger device to secure your Ubiq assets after installing the Ubiq applet through the Ledger Live desktop application
To use a Ledger device with the Ubiq network;
- Connect the Ledger device to your computer
- Unlock the device using your PIN
- Select the Ubiq app on the device
- In the app Settings, make sure Contract Data is set to "Yes"
- Select "Send UBQ & Tokens"
- Select "Ledger Wallet"
- Click "Connect to Ledger Wallet"
- You will be presented a list of UBQ addresses.
- Select the UBQ address you would like to use and select "Unlock your Wallet".
You can now use Pyrus with your Ledger device to send and receive UBQ and tokens.